I see beauty in unique, old, rustic, broken-down, filled with history and story, simple, classic, radiant, home sweet home with boiled peanuts, covered by cottage comfort, and the Grace of God.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Plowers and Paint



I tell ya, these rainy days are getting me to the core!  Not only are they perfect April showers, but they are making my eye lids feel like stone.  The sunshine has been hidden, and a light gray covers the day.  I wake up, and it takes all of my strength to just get out of those warm quilts especially when you can’t see any sunshine through the windows.  If it wasn’t for my puppies needing to go out in the morning (right away), there is no telling what time I’d get out of bed.  It’s hard for me to get up with the sunrise when I can’t see the sun.  I think that during these days I need some brightness.  Currently we are painting our dining room a light gray. We moved into the house and all the walls were tan colors.  Which looked great with the off white trim, but we aren’t really ‘tan’ folks.  Plus, our dining room is really dark.  It has two windows, but still can’t seem to get enough light when we use it.  So, this past weekend, Husband and I were just strollin’ around and picked up some paint.  We’ve got half a wall painted with only one coat.  Haa haa!  I’m thinking that I will work on it today.  I’m ready for it go be completed.  Right now, this room is pretty wrecked…all except some beauty on the table.  It seems to me, that as long as I have some beauty in a complete mess I can handle the craziness.  I want to share some beauty.





When Husband and I were strollin’ around I noticed these flowers.  I LOVE tiny flowers…or “plowers” I like to call them.  Mixing ‘pretty’ and ‘flowers’ together…they are plowers to me.   Small pretty flowers should be called plowers; it just seems to fit right.  I had noticed these a couple weeks ago and they were super expensive.  They are Kalanchoe Indoors (they are poisonous to animals so watch out and be careful).  They have succulent leaves.  I really don’t like many succulents…I lived in Tucson, AZ for like 9 months and I got my full of certain kind of succulents.  I wasn’t a huge fan of Arizona.  I missed green grass, and rain, and winter, and fall, and spring…haa!  I missed ‘country lands’, and farm houses.  I do have to mention that Husband and I were just dating when I lived in AZ, and he lived in the Midwest…that probably didn’t make my impression any better.  Long distance relationships work if God is the Founder and He is the First Love.  Anyway!  Back to the plowers….when we saw them this weekend they had been marked 50% off!  Husband saw them first and told me to get some.  I must have dazed and smiled at him for a good long while after that.  He knows exactly how to make me the happiest woman alive.  We picked up yellow, orange, and pink.  I haven’t re-potted them yet.  I’m a bit nervous.  I don’t want to ruin them.  I plan on watching some videos and reading some articles since Husband works late tonight.  Husband also picked up some liquid plant food/growth stuff. 

****Pause....

When I got home from work tonight, this note was waiting for me...



It says...

"Hey Babe,   
     This Doesn't Count as "Re Potting" a plant.  I think you actually have to take them out of the first pot and put them in the other pot.  You should probably do it soon so they Don't Die!!! 
              Love you, 
               XOXOXO 
               Husband" 

Now how did he know I was going to post on these beautiful plowers today? He didn't.  He just knows me, and knows I'd be completely bored as all get out until he got home.  Remember that I don't have much drive, and when he's not around to inspire me I pretty much don't get anything done.  Husband knows I needed a little (a lot actually) drive.  I love My Man and loves me  I love my Husband!


So they are sitting on our table (soon to be re-potted the right way), being beautiful and making our days just a bit brighter. 

I just love plants, don’t you just love plants? ...I just love plants. 


“For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to sprout up before all the nations.” Isaiah 61:11

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh wow...they are so full! These are gonna be beautiful all in one pot! Keep up the good work. You're doing a wonderful job beautifying your home. Oh, what am I saying, when you walk in it (your home) YOU make it beautiful!

Love ya,
MOM